Wednesday 20 March 2013

NARS "The Happening" Palette


Your eyes do not deceive you, I have written a new blog post.  I've been a busy bee the past couple of weeks organising and going to photo shoots for my Final Major Project, which left me both uninspired and with no time to blog.  While I can't promise that my usual blogging routine will be back up and running as I have a lot of work still left to do, I will try and pop the odd post here and there. Apologies over, today I want to talk to you about one of my new favourite palettes, 'The Happening' by NARS

I first spied this back at the beginning of February and put it to the top of my lust list.  I then got an email from ASOS who kindly gave me free next day delivery and 25% (I believe) discount for my birthday.   Obviously, I took the opportunity and bought this without a second though, as NARS' limited edition palettes often sell out quite quickly (still kicking myself that I never purchased the Danmari palette).  The Happening contains two of NARS most infamous products, Orgasm and Laguna, as well as four eyeshadows. 

Night Star is a gorgeous creamy beige with chunks of golden shimmer, which makes for a great base to an everyday eye or as a highlight for a more dramatic, smokey eye.  
Gstaad is the next shade, a slightly darker taupe with golden shimmer to it.  Great on its own as an all over lid colour or in the crease for a bit more definition to the eye.  Gstaad is exclusive to the palette.
Kuala Lumpur is described as a shimmery berry shade and was the colour that drew me to the palette in the first place.  Again this shadow has shimmer to it so would be best as a lid colour.  
Coconut Grove is the only matte eyeshadow, great for crease work for an intense smokey eye or as a softer alternative to liquid eyeliner.  

I was dubious to try Laguna, although hearing so many good reviews about it, I thought it looked too dark for my pale complexion.  I am so happy to be proven wrong, it's the perfect shade to give a natural glow and it buildable depending on how strong you want your contour.  It's already on my 'to-buy' list when I hit pan on it.  I haven't used the Orgasm blush in this palette as I received a full size of the blush for my birthday, but I do love the colour.  It's a peachy pink blush with golden shimmer and seems to be pretty versatile, looking good on any complexion.  It's a blush I plan on using a lot over the summer, but I seem to gravitate towards it whenever I want to brighten up my look.  

At £45.00, some might argue this is slightly overpriced but if you think about it, it's actually a bargain.  NARS blushers are £21.50, Laguna is £26 and NARS eyeshadow duos are £25.00.  It's a good way to try some of NARS' most popular products, as well as some new and limited edition colours.  It's also perfect for travel too.  

Do you own any of the NARS palettes?




2 comments:

  1. that is such a beautiful palette, I really want a nars palette, think thats one for the birthday list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one, I've been using the cheek colours the most though!

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive