Thursday 31 January 2013

American Goodies


If I could have one wish, it would be that Sephora would re-open in the UK and with it bring all the fantastic American brands that I've been so desperate to try.  Although you can get the brands on eBay, the shipping is usually more than the product itself so I've always steered clear.  Last Tuesday I was tweeted by a company called Cosmetics and Candy, telling me about their new company that sold American products and shipped them to the UK.  I was a bit dubious to begin with, but after looking and seeing so many products I'd been lusting after for so long, I placed and order and they arrived through my letter box yesterday.  

Before I get onto what I bought, I thought I'd share my experience as I know a lot of people were dubious to place orders with them.  The price of shipping is dependent on how many items you buy, ranging from £2.80 for one item to £15.05 for 24 items.  I paid £4.80 for four items which I think is a bargain, considering most UK companies such as ASOS charge £3.95 for standard shipping, and this package had a lot further to travel.  It arrived within a week and I was also pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to pay any customs on top of my order (I wont say this will be the same with every order and the company do state that you may get a further customs fee).  Their customer service was impeccable and they also have a feature where you can request products.  I know I'll be purchasing again - especially since they've just added the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushers!

So, onto what I bought.  From left to right I purchased:

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer in Berry Persistent; £8.49 - I believe this is L'Oreal's answer to the YSL Glossy Stain and is similar to the new Rimmel Apocalips.  I bought this berry shade and on first impressions it applies lovely.  There are several other shades that I would like to try as well.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin; £6.99 - This product has been around for at nearly a year in America, and it seems like Maybelline aren't planning on launching them here.  I picked up a peachy shade ready for spring and like most people, all I've done since getting it in the post is play with it.  The texture is weird but the colour payoff seems great.  

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Mascara; £11.99 - This is a brand I've never tried but heard a lot about.  All their products are formulated without the nasties including Parabens, harsh chemicals and synthetic preservatives.  I've heard a few YouTube guru's talk about this, including Fleur so I'm hoping it's as good as the reviews claim!

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette; £11.99 - I cannot tell you how long I've been wanting to try this.  I've almost caved numerous times on eBay.  This palette is raved about among the US beauty bloggers and it's a favourite of Allure Magazine.  I'm excited to give this a try and seeing if it's really as good as they say! It comes with two concealer shades, a neutraliser and a setting powder - a great travel kit.  

There's my mini US haul. Will you be giving Cosmetics and Candy a visit?




8 comments:

  1. That mascara looks so cool! I hope it's as good as it looks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried it today, so far I'm impressed! I will review it once I've given it a thorough road test. xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh that sonia kashuk concealer palette sure is very popular among other bloggers, I've read all the reviews and youtube tutorials and I kinda wished for it too, LOL.

    Nice haul, by the way ;)



    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used it today, the lightest shade is slightly too dark for my skin but is still workable - the neutraliser is amazing though! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the review! @cosmetics_candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I miss Physicians Formula mascara!!! I can't get that where I live anymore (unless they are back, but I haven't seen them... but then again I stopped looking for them years ago), which is in Ottawa Ontario. Bouncey blush is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cosmetics and Candy ship worldwide so you could try them? xx

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive