Thursday 2 August 2012

Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Hydrating Glosstick in #04 Hibiscus


Jemma Kidd is a brand I've heard so much about and always wanted to try, but unfortunately where I live, we severely lack in JK concessions. You can then imagine my joy when I was allowed to rummage through More! magazine's beauty cupboard. It was full of every brand you could possibly imagine including the Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Hydrating Glosstick in #04 Hibiscus.  When I first looked at it, I thought it was quite a daring shade and one that would wash me out but it remained at the front of my mind when rummaging and before I knew it, it was on my lips.  

All I can say is wow. For starters, the packaging is a sleek matte black case with a floral shiny pattern on top.  You click the bottom of the case and out pops the Glosstick. It smells incredible, after conferring with my Mum we quickly decided it smelt like marshmallows.  What really stands out about this product is, well the product itself.  I was expecting a sticky consistency with the name having 'gloss' in it but it's far from it.  It's a very creamy feeling formula, think MAC's cremesheen and it glides onto the lips leaving behind a highly pigmented coral colour.  The smell transfers to taste and although it's not the be all and end all of a product, it's an added extra. At £13.00 a pop on Feelunique.com they are slightly more expensive than a highstreet lipstick but are definitely worth the extra pennies.  

I've been wearing this product in two different ways.  For an added pop of colour, I go all out with a vibrant coral lip but for something more muted I lightly pat the colour onto my lip for a slightly more subtle look.  

Which Jemma Kidd products do you love?




No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive